This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about you: how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data is collected and stored by ASR Solicitors. We are the ‘data controller’ of the personal information you provide to us.
ASR Solicitors is a partnership, authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 633824.
Our Data Protection Officer is Mohammad Zaheed Harunani who may be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may tell us information about yourself:- including your name, address, email address, telephone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and other information.
- We may receive information from third parties in order that we can undertake your legal work on your behalf. These organizations would usually be:-
- Banks or Building Societies.
- Panel providers who allocate legal work to law firms.
- Organizations that have referred work to us.
- Medical or financial institutions – who provide your personal records/information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:-
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; and
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ASR Solicitors or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How to protect your personal data
We recognize that your information is valuable and we take all reasonable measures to protect it whilst it is in our care.
We use computer safeguards – such as firewalls and data encryption and annual penetration testing – and we enforce, where possible, physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep data safe.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a nominal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting our Data Protection Officer.