As a prominent provider of high quality legal services to dental practices, we can advise on all aspects of the legislative framework, which regulates dentistry, as well as being able to provide legal representation on contractual documents and variations. Our team can provide expert advice to dentists in all aspects of buying, selling and running dental practices, including the complex laws surrounding GDS and PDS contracts. We will also support your practice in relation to any particular rules, regulations and requirements of the General Dental Council, the Care Quality Commission, the NHS and all other legislation governing the profession. We also support organisations and professional bodies on the rules and regulations governing the profession.
Our specialist experience enables us to offer relevant advice in a number of other general areas of practice:
As the new contracts were introduced for NHS dentistry in April 2006, all practices doing NHS work must now consider how their units of dental activity are to be delivered by principals and associates hence to avoid the consequences that might result from under performance.
- Advice on issues arising under your NHS contract
- Practice agreements and associate agreements
- Dealing with appropriate procedures necessary to transfer your NHS contract on sale
Purchase and sale of dental practices
We have vast amount of experience in the purchase and sale of practices.
- Practice purchases
- Preparing the Heads of Terms
- Transfer of NHS contract
- Negotiating the contract and dealing with staff and property matters
- Surgery leases
- Preparation of sale, including keeping information about your practice confidential, limiting your liability
Partnership agreements and expense sharing
We can help with preparing agreements to deal with partnerships, advising on buy-out provisions and partnership disputes as well as dissolutions.
- Profit sharing arrangements
- Partnership issues in cases of retirement or death of a partner
- Rights and responsibilities of partners – as governed by the agreement which exists between them and/or the Partnership Act 1890
- Shared practice premises, equipment, employees and/or other expenses
- Acting on behalf of partnerships and individual partners in ADR, mediation, arbitration and court proceedings
- Advice on internal partnership disputes, dissolutions and expulsion of partners
We have a dedicated employment team able to provide a range of advice on employment issues including contracts of employment, disciplinary and termination procedures, discrimination law and other elaborate problems occurring during the employment relationship.
- Advising on the statutory requirements for employment contracts
- Dispute resolution and representation in Employment Tribunals and court if necessary
- Advising on associate agreements
- Drafting contracts and employment policies